It should be noted that this section of the curriculum focuses on teaching many terms and expressions that enable the student to attain a degree of fluency in the language, whereby he can communicate using them in the various aspects of daily life.
1. The Duration of Study
3 months, which are comprised of 40 hours of study
2. The Book of Study
The Book “Your Bridge to Arabic”
3. Supplementary Tools of Study
- Pictures and diagrams
- Flash and PowerPoint presentations
- Audio Recordings of Dialogue
4. Language Skills Objectives
In addition to the previously learned skills during level 1, our objective in level 2 is increased fluency in these listening and communication skills alongside the ability to read and write. The student is expected by then to be capable, after having understood, of performing the following:
- The various daily interactions in every aspect of life
- The courage to utilize the language with confidence
- Participating in dialogues while easily navigating between the appropriate usages of terms and correctly structuring the words/sentences.
- Becoming skilled at reading comprehension of the contents of the curriculum
- Comprehending some of the fundamentals of Arabic grammar, like verb tenses, in addition to all the various types of pronouns in the Arabic language.
- Completely mastering the fundamentals of writing the remaining Arabic letters that resemble one another in naskh script
5. Methods of Evaluation and Assessment
- Skills exercises for listening, pronouncing, writing, Qur’anic recitation, alongside developing vocabulary and word structure during each class.
- Focusing on the exercises in the notebook – 15% of the grade
- Classroom activities, participation, and attendance – 10% of the grade
- Final exam – which is mostly an analytical exam – accounts for 75% of the grade
Studies are divided into the Following Levels:
- Beginner Level: Pre-beginner (Preparatory Level), Beginner 1, Beginner 2
- Intermediary Level: Intermediary 1, Intermediary 2, Intermediary 3
- Advanced Level: Advanced 1, Advanced 2, Advanced 3