The Introduction to Arabic Class is geared for non-native speakers who have little or no previous knowledge of the Arabic language.
You will start at the basics, learning to read and write the Arabic letters, as well as their proper pronunciation. As the course advances, you will also learn basic Arabic vocabulary including nouns and verbs; forming written and oral sentences; and composing simple paragraphs by using Arabic vocabulary, grammar, and conjunctions.
This course is not part of the Bachelor’s degree program but rather provides the foundation to prepare students to take Arabic 1 to 4 in the B.A program. It is the perfect opportunity to begin what will hopefully be a rich and lifelong relationship with the language of the Quran. For more information, please write to us at email@example.com.
- The class will be conducted virtually with a well-trained Arabic instructor.
- You will be trained how to use the Learning Management System (LMS) and will receive your user name and password before the start date.
- You will be expected to participate in class and to complete assignments outside of class. There will be quizzes and tests. You will be provided with digital copies of a book and workbook.
- By the end of class, you will:
- Know the proper pronunciation and writing of all the Arabic sounds; the consonants and the six vowels.
- Read and write the Arabic letters in the different word positions.
- Have an enriched Arabic vocabulary; nouns, verbs and letters.
- Form written and oral simple sentences through the vocabulary, conjunctions and grammar.
- Compose oral and written simple paragraphs by using the Arabic conjunctions.
- Acquire thinking skills in the Arabic language through the work book.
- Be prepared to proceed in learning the Arabic language through the “Your Bridge to the Arabic Language Series” for non-native speakers.