Effective August 1, 2015 Mishkah University is no longer offering the following three discounts: 20% family discount, 30% active community leader discount, and 50% high school student discount. However, Mishkah will continue to support its deserving students through the scholarship type listed below:
Mishkah University Scholarship Guidelines
for Imams in the United States
Mishkah University offers special scholarships for Imams working for Mosques in the US, who have demonstrated exceptional leadership abilities, high academic achievements, and distinguished record of service to their communities. These scholarships are sponsored by our generous donors.
Imam Scholarship Requirements:
- All applicants must be American citizens or living and working legally in the United States. They should have a valid work contract with the mosque they work in and the mosque is required to sign an affidavit confirming their employment.
- To apply, applicants must fulfill the following:
- Meet all the requirements for admission to one of the University’s programs.
- Complete and sign a scholarship application and contract.
- Provide evidences of the applicant’s leadership, academic and community service.
- Provide two recommendation letters from distinguished individuals who are known to the community for their knowledge and piety (e.g. Imams, teachers, professors, community leaders). No letters from relatives or family members will be accepted.
- Pay all application and University fees not covered by the scholarship, and which are the applicant’s responsibility, including fees for Masters and PHD programs’ dissertations and defense.
- The scholarship id considered void and all the admission requests will be rejected if the University determined that the applicant violated the terms of the scholarship or submitted false information and documentation in this application or for any other violations that the University sees fit. In the case of violations discovered after the student’s admission to the University, the case will be presented to a disciplinary committee to decide on the continuation of the scholarship and study at the University.
- By filing this application, the applicant permits Mishkah University to share his information with individual sponsors and institutions that support and provide funding to the scholarship program at the University.
- This scholarship is valid for four years for Bachelor degrees, two years for Masters degrees, and two years for doctorate degrees.
- Applicants should send all original documents and applications to the University’s physical address and to the following email address, before the registration deadline:
- A determination on admission is decided within two weeks from the date when all required information and documents are received.
- Once a determination is reached, the University will send and an official letter to the applicants informing them of the decision.
- The Mosque’s board where the applicant works must sign an affidavit, agreeing to assist Mishkah University in securing at least one fundraiser a year at the Mosque, for the duration of the Imam’s scholarship.
Imam Scholarship Conditions:
- Maintaining an average academic score of 90% or higher in every semester for the duration of his studies.
- Participating in classes, live sessions, and discussions, and abiding by the rules, policies and regulations of the University.
- Passing the per semester review, which addresses the student’s compliance with the scholarship conditions and terms.
- Paying all University fees and tuition portions not covered by the scholarship.
- Leaving the program terminates the scholarship. Returning students will be asked to re-apply if they choose to have the scholarship re-instated.
- Students should inform the University of any changes of their legal status, work or residence, and in the case of changing work, students need to have the contract re-signed by the board of the new Mosque.
- Maintaining a minimum enrollment of two courses per semester. Any exception to this requirement will need to be submitted in writing along with supporting evidences, and will require the approval of the University office of admission.
- The continuation of the scholarship will be based on the availability of funds and the University has the right to end it at any time.
NOTE: Mishkah does not receive donations from governments or agencies. It depends solely on donations and contributions from generous supporters. We ask you to include them in your prayer.