Job Opening: Administrative and Registration Assistant
Due to the growth in enrollment in all of Mishkah University’s programs, we are pleased to announce an opening for an administrative/registration assistant position. Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Fluent in Arabic and English (reading, writing, listening and speaking) and the ability to type at an acceptable speed in both languages.
- A permanent resident or citizen in the United States of America and residing in Houston-Texas in particular.
- Highly proficient and professional in communicating with people of different backgrounds both in written and spoken interactions, and capable of dealing with challenging situations with patience and empathy.
- Adaptable to work in an office environment as well as remotely.
- Able to work for 25 hours per week as a minimum including Saturdays and Sundays in particular. The first 6 months will be a probation period, which can then be switched to a full-time position based on Mishkah’s needs and candidate performance.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiar with secretarial and administrative assistant duties.
- Follow up on correspondences sent to Mishkah from students, instructors, vendors, information requesters, official agencies, etc. This followup is performed either through direct responses or by directing them to the specialized personnel responsible.
- Support the registration department in data entry for student filings, and verifying students’ records according to Mishkah policies.
- Support the registration department in organizing archives and matching them electronically and physically.
- Update student files when necessary and whenever new updates occur by communicating with them by phone or through e-mails.
- Work at the Mishkah office in Houston at least 80% of the total weekly hours. The remaining 20% of hours must be performed during weekend days, with a flexibility to adjust these percentages during peak times, such as the beginning of semesters.
- Assist Mishkah administration in filing, organizing meeting appointments and conferences, bookings of flights, transportation and lodging for Mishkah staff and/or its visitors, fundraisers or speakers.
This opening will be available till the end of January 2023 or until filled, whichever comes first. If you are qualified for this position, please send us your resume to [email protected] with the subject titled as “Administrative/Registration assistant.”