Professional Certificate (PCTAFL)
This special program focuses on making students aspire to master Arabic and be qualified to teach it to non-Arabic speakers especially students of the Islamic schools.
- Accredited university certificate.
- Arabic language is the mother tongue or previously studied before.
- If the applicant is a non-Arabic speaker, s/he has a certificate of studying Arabic language deeply which qualifies him/her to teach Arabic to non-Arabs.
- Interview to determine eligibility.
Duration of Study
Nine months, comprised of 120 hours of study including the Arabic writing.
Supplementary Tools of Study
- Functional Language Sciences by Dr. Abdu Ar-Rajhi.
- Reference in Teaching Arabic for the non-Arabic Speakers by Dr. Tuaima.
- Ways of Teaching Arabic Language by Dr. Mahmoud An-Naqa
Language Skills Objectives
Our objective in this special professional program is fluency in listening and communication skills alongside with reading and writing. The student is expected to be capable of teaching non-Arabic speakers, and performing the following:
- The various daily interactions in every aspect of life
- The courage to utilize the language with confidence
- Practicing the teaching methods and the linguistic skills.
- Becoming skilled at reading comprehension of the contents of the chosen materials.
- Comprehending some of the fundamentals of functional grammar and functional morphology.
- Completely mastering the fundamentals of writing Arabic and teaching.
Methods of Evaluation and Assessment
- Skills exercises for listening, pronouncing, writing, Qur’anic recitation, alongside developing vocabulary and word structure during each class.
- Exercises in the notebook – 15% of the grade
- Classroom activities, participation, and attendance – 10% of the grade
- Final analytical exam – 75% of the grade