- Because of the nature of our university being solely online, all our students must have basic knowledge on how to operate a computer and install common software such as chrome browser, browser extensions and Zoom. It is not the responsibility of the university to fix computer problems on individual student devices that fail to operate the software or if you have a connection issue due to poor bandwidth in your area. The university provides sufficient resources via video tutorials on how to easily and successfully use our software.
- Students must use internet-capable device such as a laptop or a desktop with a minimum of 10 Mb internet download speed.
- Student device must have a built-in or installed camera/microphone and install Chrome browser for any required proctored exams.
- All students must have Office365 “MishkahU” email account which are offered to enrolled students, accounts maybe cancelled without an active enrollment.
- All students are required to download and install Zoom to attend their live sessions from the following link https://zoom.us/download (An app is also available for i-Phone, i-Pads and android devices via the app store and market place) to gain access to their live lectures.
- To attend live sessions you have to go through Canvas and click on the live session link at the scheduled time according to EST time zone.
Please watch the following tutorials on how to login to your Office 365 and Canvas accounts:
- Assignments Overview (Students)
- Assignment Submissions (Students)
- Calendar Overview (Students)
- Canvas Overview (Students)
- Canvas Student App
- Chat (Students)
- Dashboard Overview (Students)
- Discussions Overview (Students)
- Feedback Overview (Students)
- Files Overview (Students)
- Grades (Students)
- Quizzes (Students)
- New Quizzes Overview (Students)
Please check the Canvas Student Guide for more information whenever you need help with Canvas.
Please submit all your questions, including technical support requests to email@example.com