The knowledge and skills you have acquired at other institutions can help you get ahead at Mishkah as a transfer student. Not only can you earn transfer credits for relevant coursework, but you can also earn credits by testing out of some subjects. Students may transfer credits from another institution if they meet all the requirements below:
1. Students must fill out a Pre-Approval form, which can be found in their Orbund account, and state the courses they wish to transfer.
2. Transfers fall under 3 categories:
- Through transcripts from a different institution
- Through a test out examination – this applies only for Arabic and Tajweed courses.
- Through validation by the academic advisor – this applies if the course to be transferred requires additional evaluation and equivalency determination. This applies, for example, to students who acquire ijaza in Quran according to a certain qiraa’ah and wish not to study Tajweed I and II.
3. Credits can only be transferred from a recognized institution of higher education and must be from undergraduate or post graduate level courses. Credits from a high school program will not be considered.
4. The student will be required to submit an official transcript from his or her institution (USA and Canada only). Credits cannot be transferred without copies of official transcripts.
Transcripts from foreign institutions must first be evaluated by the office of Josef Silny and Associates or any other recognized evaluation agency in the US, before the transfer is considered, except for Arabic and Tajweed courses.
5. Courses to be transferred must be similar to courses offered by Mishkah University, or a general education class that is required, but is not offered at Mishkah. (In addition to transcripts, students may be asked to provide full course outlines of the class.)
6. Students must have attained a letter grade of C or more in the course they wish to transfer. Courses with P/NP (pass/no pass) will not be accepted for transfer.
7. Courses evaluated for transfer from colleges and universities with different credit systems (quarter hours or units) are converted to semester hours. If the transfer college/university is not on a semester system, Mishkah credit values will be adjusted when the credits are added to the student’s Mishkah record. Quarter hours are multiplied by 2/3 to determine semester hours of credit.
8. The transfer process will go through the following steps:
- The submitted pre-approval form is first evaluated and approved by the academic advisor.
- If the transfer has been approved, the student will then receive notice of the amount due for the transferred courses. The transfer fee per course is $100. (There is no transfer fee for mandatory general education courses that are required but not offered by Mishkah)
- Once the student has paid the required transfer fees, the registrar will then add the course to his or her Mishkah record.
- Transfer courses are noted with a P (Pass) on the transcript.
- Transfer courses are not factored into the student’s GPA.
9. Once credits are transferred, they cannot be removed from the student’s record for any reason.
10. Please note that students seeking a transfer must be active students or new students who have already accepted an offer for admission. (Non-admitted students who wish to learn if their courses are eligible for transfer must pay a $100 fee.). In addition, the student must be a degree-candidate.
For more information on our policies, please refer to our Academic Guide or contact us at [email protected]
Transferring Courses from Mishkah’ Arabic Department or EjazaOnline
- Students who have previously taken an equivalent memorization and tajweed course at
EjazaOnline may submit the course for consideration for transfer.
- Courses E302 and E303 at EjazaOnline can substitute for Quran and Tajweed I.
- E304 can substitute for both Quran and Tajweed I and II.
- Courses transferred from EjazaOnline are not subject to transfer fees.
- Students enrolled in Mishkah’s undergraduate Arabic program who wish to switch to the English
program may be able to transfer some of their course credits – the courses transferred must be similar to those offered in the English program and students must have achieved a passing grade in the course.
- In addition, sttudents must demonstrate the ability to take University level courses in the English
language – A placement test may be required at the administration’s discretion.
- Transfer fees do not apply for courses transferred from the Arabic program.