Refund & Deferral Policies
- All refund requests have to be submitted in writing via email to email@example.com.
- Students can obtain a full refund only if they withdraw from classes by the add/drop course registration deadline for adding and dropping classes.
- If students withdraw from study within two weeks after the registration add/drop deadline, they will receive a 50% tuition refund. NO refunds will be given for classes dropped anytime after these two weeks(please refer to the Academic Calendar for important dates.)
- Course deferrals are subject to the same conditions as refunds. Students who wish to defer courses must notify Student Support within two weeks of the add/drop registration deadline. Tuition will be reserved until the semester the student chooses to take the class. No deferral requests will be accepted after this period.
- If a student requested to defer courses to another semester within the add/drop period and then later requests a refund, a full refund will be given since the original deferment request was made during the add/drop grace period. If the original request to defer was made within two weeks after the add/drop deadline, only 50% will be refunded (please note that a deferment is not the same as an “Incomplete”. For guidelines on Incompletes, please see our Academic Guide).
- If a student fails a subject, he or she must register again for the failed subject, and pay fully.
- Students who are unable to pay the total amount of fees at the time of registration may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for an installment plan.