Arabic Language Prep Certificate
This online program aims to teach fluent communication in the Arabic language to non-Arabic speaking students. It will empower those who wish to continue studying the Islamic, economic, media, and
language sciences in the Arabic language to fulfill their goals. The Introduction to Arabic Class is geared for non-native speakers who have little or no previous knowledge of the Arabic language.
This program is not part of the Bachelor’s degree program but rather provides the foundation to prepare students to take Arabic 1 to 4 in the B.A program. It is the perfect opportunity to begin what will hopefully be a rich and lifelong relationship with the language of the Quran.
Book of study: The certificate’s unique curriculum is derived from the “Your Bridge to Arabic” (Jisruk ila al-Arabiyyah) Series, which progresses from the preparatory through advanced levels.
Focus: You will start at the basics, learning to read and write the Arabic letters, as well as their proper pronunciation. As the course advances, you will also learn basic Arabic vocabulary including nouns and verbs; forming written and oral sentences; and composing simple paragraphs by using Arabic vocabulary, grammar, and conjunctions.
Skills: The series develops all four skills; listening, speaking, reading, and writing for both dictation and articulation.
Games: It contains language games that are unprecedented in any other curricula, ensuring productive interactive exchanges at all levels.
The class will be conducted virtually with a well-trained Arabic instructor.
Quizzes and Tests: You will be expected to participate in class and to complete assignments outside of class. There will be quizzes and tests. You will be provided with digital copies of a book and workbook.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Studies are Divided into the Following Levels:
1- A student may be absent from attending three lectures as a maximum per level. Student must inform the instructor and the Student Support Coordinator via email 24 hours ahead of time otherwise student will lose the lecture hours.
2. Each level will be completed in the hours specified for that level. Class hours are based on students with average understanding abilities.
3. After a student has successfully completed the current level he/she can register for the next level or may choose to improve all or part of the current level for additional fees.
4. A student must pass the level exam to get a certificate of attendance for each level, after completion of all level exams a final certificate for the whole program will be issued.
5. Fees and hours advertised are subject to modifications at any time based on department and university decisions.
6. Any changes in hours/fess will only be applied to new registrations, current students will also receive notification of any upcoming changes that will apply to them in the future.
- Beginner Level:
– Beginner 1- Preliminary -Book 1
– Beginner 2 – Book 2
– Beginner 3 – Book 3
- Intermediary Level:
– Intermediary 1 – Book 4
– Intermediary 2 – Book 5
– Intermediary 3 – Book 6
- Advanced Level:
– Advanced 1 – Book 7
– Advanced 2 – Book 8
– Advanced 3 – Book 9