1. The Duration of Study
36 hours over three months (two lectures a week, each lasts for 1.5 hours).
2. The Book of Study
Book 4 of “Your Bridge to Arabic” Series, which is the 1st publication of the Islamic University on the subject of studying the Arabic language for non-native speakers.
3. Supplementary Tools of Study
- Pictures and diagrams.
- Video Recordings of Dialogue.
4. Language Skills Objectives
Making the student aspire to master this noble language, through ensuring that boredom is warded off during the learning process, and that is by incorporating exciting, creative, and beneficial exercises.
In addition to the previously learned skills during level 1, our objective in level 3 is increased fluency in these listening and communication skills alongside the ability to read and write. The student is expected by then to be capable, after having understood, of performing the following:
- The different daily interactions in all aspect of life.
- The courage to utilize the language confidently.
- Engaging in dialogues based on easily navigating between linguistic collocations of words and terms in different situations.
- Being skilled at long reading confidently while analyzing the content.
- Understanding some Arabic grammatical fundamentals such as Arabic sentence types, prefixes of present verbs and coordination letters.
- Entirely mastering the rules of writing the Arabic letters that resemble or do not one another in naskh script.
5. Methods of Evaluation and Assessment
- Skills exercises for listening, pronouncing, writing, Quranic recitation, alongside developing vocabulary and word structure during each class.
- Focusing on the exercises in the notebook – 15% of the grade.
- Classroom activities, participation, and attendance – 10% of the grade.
- Final exam – which is mostly an analytical exam – accounts for 75% of the grade.
Fees : $250
Studies are Divided into the Following Levels:
- Beginner Level:
– Beginner’s Level Book 1
– Beginner’s Level Book 2
– Beginner’s Level Book 3
- Intermediary Level:
– Intermediary 1 – Book 4
– Intermediary 2 – Book 5
– Intermediary 3 – Book 6
- Advanced Level:
– Advanced 1 – Book 7
– Advanced 2 – Book 8
– Advanced 3 – Book 9