1. The Duration of Study
36 hours over three months (two lectures a week, each lasts for 1.5 hours).
2. The Book of Study
Book 8 of “Your Bridge to Arabic” Series, which is the 1st publication of the Islamic
University on the subject of studying the Arabic language for non-native speakers.
3. Supplementary Tools of Study
- Pictures and diagrams.
- Video Recordings of Dialogue.
4. Language Skills Objectives
- Understanding and applying the grammatical rules concerning exception, adverbs, vocative styles, transitive verbs, gazm of present verb and object types.
- Understanding and applying the rhetorical rules concerning words’ order, confining tools, briefness vs. redundancy, remembering vs. deleting, isolating vs. connecting and unsuitable deliberate expressions to situations.
- Understanding and applying the spelling rule concerning hamzat qat’, hamzat wasl and the difference between them both.
5. Methods of Evaluation and Assessment
- Skills exercises for listening, pronouncing, writing, Quranic recitation, alongside developing vocabulary and word structure during each class.
- Focusing on the exercises in the notebook – 15% of the grade.
- Classroom activities, participation, and attendance – 10% of the grade.
- Final exam – which is mostly an analytical exam – accounts for 75% of the grade.
Fees : $300
Studies are Divided into the Following Levels:
- Beginner Level:
– Beginner’s Level Book 1
– Beginner’s Level Book 2
– Beginner’s Level Book 3
- Intermediary Level:
– Intermediary 1 – Book 4
– Intermediary 2 – Book 5
– Intermediary 3 – Book 6
- Advanced Level:
– Advanced 1 – Book 7
– Advanced 2 – Book 8
– Advanced 3 – Book 9