Beginner’s Level Book 2
1. The Duration of Study
36 hours over three months (two lectures a week, each lasts for 1.5 hours).
2. The Book of Study
Book 2 of “Your Bridge to Arabic” Series, which is the 1st publication of the Islamic University on the subject of studying the Arabic language for non-native speakers.
3. Supplementary Tools of Study
- Pictures and diagrams.
- Video Recordings of Dialogue.
4. Language Skills Objectives
The student is expected to master the following language skills:
- Being accustomed to listening to Arabic jargon.
- Noticing some of the unique sounds of the Arabic language that are more complex, and in turn pronouncing them correctly.
- Comprehending the contents of the curriculum.
- Participating in spontaneous dialogues in light of the themes being studied.
- Becoming skilled at reading comprehension of the contents in the curriculum.
- Understanding some of the fundamentals of Arabic grammar (nahw), likes the types of words in Arabic, the definite (ma‘rifah) and indefinite (nakirah) articles, and asma’ al-isharah for things that are near, far, and locations.
- Partially mastering the fundamentals of writing some of the Arabic letters that resemble one another in naskh script.
5. Methods of Evaluation and Assessment
- Skills exercises for listening, pronouncing, writing, and Qur’anic recitation.
- Focusing on the exercises in the notebook – 15% of the grade
- Classroom activities, participation, and attendance – 10% of the grade
- Final exam – which is mostly an analytical exam – accounts for 75% of the grade.
Fees : $360
Studies are Divided into the Following Levels:
- Beginner Level:
– Beginner’s Level Book 1
– Beginner’s Level Book 2
– Beginner’s Level Book 3
- Intermediary Level:
– Intermediary 1 – Book 4
– Intermediary 2 – Book 5
– Intermediary 3 – Book 6
- Advanced Level:
– Advanced 1 – Book 7
– Advanced 2 – Book 8
– Advanced 3 – Book 9