Pre-beginner (Preparatory Level) (Book 1)
All praise is due to Allah. We are happy to announce the launch of our Introduction to Arabic Class. This class is geared for non-native speakers who have little or no previous knowledge of the Arabic language.
You will start at the basics, learning to read and write the Arabic letters, as well as their proper pronunciation. As the course advances, you will also learn basic Arabic vocabulary including nouns and verbs; forming written and oral sentences; and composing simple paragraphs by using Arabic vocabulary, grammar, and conjunctions.
1. The Duration of Study
36 hours over three months (two lectures a week, each lasts for 1.5 hours).
2. The Book of Study
Level zero of the “Your Bridge to Arabic” Series, which is the 1st publication of the Islamic University on the subject of studying the Arabic language for non-native speakers.
3. Supplementary Tools of Study
- Pictures and diagrams.
- Video Recordings of Dialogue.
4. Language Skills Objectives
After studying this section of the curriculum, the student is expected to master the following language skills:
- Learning the proper pronunciation and writing of all the Arabic sounds; the consonants and the six vowels.
- Reading and writing the Arabic letters in the different word positions.
- Enriching the students’ Arabic vocabulary; nouns, verbs and letters.
- Forming written and oral simple sentences through the vocabulary, conjunctions and grammar.
- Composing oral and written simple paragraphs by using the Arabic conjunctions.
- Acquiring thinking skills in the Arabic language through the work book.
- Finally, the book aims at preparing the student to learn the Arabic language through (Your Bridge to the Arabic Language Series) for the non-native speakers.
5. Methods of Evaluation and Assessment
- Skills exercises for listening, pronouncing, writing, and Quranic recitation.
- Focusing on the exercises in the notebook – 15% of the grade.
- Classroom activities, participation, and attendance – 10% of the grade.
- Final exam – which is mostly an analytical exam – accounts for 75% of the grade.
Fees : $250
Studies are Divided into the Following Levels:
- Beginner Level:
– Pre-beginner (Preparatory Level) (Book 1).
– Beginner Level – Vol. 1 (Book 2).
– Beginner Level – Vol. 2 (Book 3).
- Intermediary Level:
– Intermediary Level – Vol.1(Book 4).
– Intermediary Level – Vol. 2 (Book 5).
– Intermediary Level – Vol. 3 (Book 6).
- Advanced Level:
– Advanced Level – Vol.1 (Book7).
– Advanced Level – Vol. 2 (Book8).
– Advanced Level – Vol. 3 (Book9).