1. The Duration of Study
36 hours over three months (two lectures a week, each lasts for 1.5 hours).
2. The Book of Study
Book 9 of “Your Bridge to Arabic” Series, which is the 1st publication of the Islamic University on the subject of studying the Arabic language for non-native speakers.
3. Supplementary Tools of Study
- Pictures and diagrams.
- Video Recordings of Dialogue.
4. Language Skills Objectives
- Improving how to express and summarize certain topics in writing.
- Improving skill of organizing thoughts and understanding the main elements in topics of studying.
- Improving writing level through using the studied vocabulary to write about a certain topics.
- Improving student’s level to write about a short topic of his own.
5. Methods of Evaluation and Assessment
- Skills exercises for listening, pronouncing, writing, Quranic recitation, alongside developing vocabulary and word structure during each class.
- Focusing on the exercises in the notebook – 15% of the grade.
- Classroom activities, participation, and attendance – 10% of the grade.
- Final exam – which is mostly an analytical exam – accounts for 75% of the grade.
Fees : $300
Studies are Divided into the Following Levels:
- Beginner Level:
– Pre-beginner (Preparatory Level) (Book 1).
– Beginner Level – Vol. 1 (Book 2).
– Beginner Level – Vol. 2 (Book 3).
- Intermediary Level:
– Intermediary Level – Vol.1(Book 4).
– Intermediary Level – Vol. 2 (Book 5).
– Intermediary Level – Vol. 3 (Book 6).
- Advanced Level:
– Advanced Level – Vol.1 (Book7).
– Advanced Level – Vol. 2 (Book8).
– Advanced Level – Vol. 3 (Book9).