1. The Duration of Study
36 hours over three months (two lectures a week, each lasts for 1.5 hours).
2. The Book of Study
Book 5 of “Your Bridge to Arabic” Series, which is the 1st publication of the Islamic University on the subject of studying the Arabic language for non-native speakers
3. Supplementary Tools of Study
- Pictures and diagrams.
- Video Recordings of Dialogue.
4. Language Skills Objectives
- Understanding and applying the grammatical rules concerning word types, vocalic verb tenses, the five verbs, syntax, verbal sentence components, morphological balance, transitive and intransitive verbs, mansoub and magzoum present cases, sentence components, male and female nouns along with exercises.
- Understanding and applying the spelling rules concerning ta marbuta and ta maftoha, ta ta’nith, ta fa’el, prolonging letters and alef maqsura along with exercises.
- Understanding and applying the morphological rules concerning verbs with or without additional letters, subject nous and how to make it along with exercises.
- Testing of sounds formed by multiple choices.
5. Methods of Evaluation and Assessment
- Skills exercises for listening, pronouncing, writing, Quranic recitation, alongside developing vocabulary and word structure during each class.
- Focusing on the exercises in the notebook – 15% of the grade.
- Classroom activities, participation, and attendance – 10% of the grade.
- Final exam – which is mostly an analytical exam – accounts for 75% of the grade.
Fees : $250
Studies are Divided into the Following Levels:
- Beginner Level:
– Pre-beginner (Preparatory Level) (Book 1).
– Beginner Level – Vol. 1 (Book 2).
– Beginner Level – Vol. 2 (Book 3).
- Intermediary Level:
– Intermediary Level – Vol.1(Book 4).
– Intermediary Level – Vol. 2 (Book 5).
– Intermediary Level – Vol. 3 (Book 6).
- Advanced Level:
– Advanced Level – Vol.1 (Book7).
– Advanced Level – Vol. 2 (Book8).
– Advanced Level – Vol. 3 (Book9).