1. The Duration of Study
36 hours over three months (two lectures a week, each lasts for 1.5 hours).
2. The Book of Study
Book 5 of “Your Bridge to Arabic” Series, which is the 1st publication of the Islamic
University on the subject of studying the Arabic language for non-native speakers
3. Supplementary Tools of Study
- Pictures and diagrams.
- Video Recordings of Dialogue.
4. Language Skills Objectives
- Understanding and applying the grammatical rules concerning word types, different verb tenses, the five verbs, e’rab cases, verbal sentence components, morphological balance, transitive and intransitive verbs, accusative present verb, gazm letters, sentence components, male and female nouns along with exercises.
- Getting a better linguistic level through exercises of reading comprehension and developing vocabulary and expressions.
- Understanding and applying the spelling rule concerning ta marbuta, ta maftoha, ta ta’nith, ta fa’el, prolonging letters and types of alif along with exercises.
- Understanding and applying the morphological rule concerning verbs with or without additional letters, subject noun and how to form it along with exercises.
- Audio exams through exercises of reading comprehension.
5. Methods of Evaluation and Assessment
- Skills exercises for listening, pronouncing, writing, Quranic recitation, alongside developing vocabulary and word structure during each class.
- Focusing on the exercises in the notebook – 15% of the grade.
- Classroom activities, participation, and attendance – 10% of the grade.
- Final exam – which is mostly an analytical exam – accounts for 75% of the grade.
Fees : $250
Studies are Divided into the Following Levels:
- Beginner Level:
– Beginner’s Level Book 1
– Beginner’s Level Book 2
– Beginner’s Level Book 3
- Intermediary Level:
– Intermediary 1 – Book 4
– Intermediary 2 – Book 5
– Intermediary 3 – Book 6
- Advanced Level:
– Advanced 1 – Book 7
– Advanced 2 – Book 8
– Advanced 3 – Book 9