1. The Duration of Study
36 hours over three months (two lectures a week, each lasts for 1.5 hours).
2. The Book of Study
Book 7 of “Your Bridge to Arabic” Series, which is the 1st publication of the Islamic University on the subject of studying the Arabic language for non-native speakers.
3. Supplementary Tools of Study
- Pictures and diagrams.
- Video Recordings of Dialogue.
4. Language Skills Objectives
- Understanding and applying the grammatical rules concerning the vocalic nouns, similar nouns to male and dual nouns, nouns without tanwin, the verb thanna and its cases, hamza cases, verbal nouns, cases of verb laisa and cases of negation using the letter la.
- Understanding and applying the rhetorical rules concerning similarity, metaphor cases, pun, opposite nouns, assonance, words with same spelling but double meanings and statements and orders.
5. Methods of Evaluation and Assessment
- Skills exercises for listening, pronouncing, writing, Quranic recitation, alongside developing vocabulary and word structure during each class.
- Focusing on the exercises in the notebook – 15% of the grade.
- Classroom activities, participation, and attendance – 10% of the grade.
- Final exam – which is mostly an analytical exam – accounts for 75% of the grade.
Fees : $300