Sh. Haroon Baqai
Sh. Haroon Baqai teaches Quran Memorization and Tajweed. A hafidh of the Quran, who finished memorizing the Quran at age 10, he has guided students of all ages in their journey with Allah’s last revelation. He has an ijaza in the recitation of hafs an asim, and obtained his certification from Shaikh Mohammad Ali Haqqan in Jeddah / Saudi Arabia.
He has helped to found and run several learning centers focused on the Quran including a full time hifdh school, and Quran Tutor Online, that serves more than 150 students. As a vice-principal, he succesfully obtained national accreditation for the full-time private Al-Huda School. He is currently the director of the Quran Insitute in College Park, Maryland, which he founded.
In addition, Sh Baqai authored Let us Beautify our Recitation, a comprehensive guide on the foundational rules of tajweed, and produced 2 CDs on Quranic recitation. His captivating recitation has been an inspiration to many; he leads taraweeh prayers every year in the Maryland area where he is based, and also gives lectures on Quran’s lessons and guidance.
University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- Doctorate in Management, 2018
- MS of Science in Management with concentration in Financial management, December 2007
- BS in Computer Science, August 2002
- Memorized the entire Qur’an at the age of 10
- Obtained Ijazah with Shaikh Mohammad Ali Haqqan in Jeddah / Saudi Arabia
- Let’s Beautify Our Recitation
- Authored a set of 9 CDs for children, that help them memorized half of Juz 30, titled Ahlul Qur’an Gear
- Authored several Qur’anic recitation CDs: Juz 29 & 30, Surat Al-Kahf & Maryam, and Surat Al-Baqarah.