The Islamic Studies High School Certificate introduces 18 courses on basic Islamic knowledge for high school students and is taught completely online using Mishkah teachers and curriculum. The program is tailored to enable high school students to continue their associate or Bachelor’s degree in Islamic studies after completing those 18 courses. Courses are structured in levels to fit high school students in the ninth, tenth, eleventh and twelfth grades.
To provide English-speaking high schoolers of diverse backgrounds with authentic and basic Islamic sciences, enabling them to develop a balanced and moderate vision to reflect and interact with modern challenges in their lives.
To train and educate Muslim youth with the ability to engage in positive civil discourse with a focus on contemporary issues in the West.
Through the ISHSC program, Mishkah seeks to:
- Disseminate proper and authentic Islamic knowledge based on the principles of Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jama’ah.
- Qualify Muslim high schoolers to be acquainted with the basic and intermediate sciences of the Islamic faith.
- Equip them with the academic, technical, and linguistic skills necessary to thrive in their roles.
- Spread Islamic and Arabic education and make it readily available using the latest technological means of communication and information sharing.
- Empower Muslim youth to pursue their religious degrees parallel to their secular education.
- Prepare individuals to be positive, motivational examples of Islam as a total way of life, locally, and globally.