About this course
This course to tajweed covers key rules in Quranic recitation including characteristics of letters, rules pertaining to pronouncing letters heavy and light, the concept of Al-Waqf Wa Al-Ibtidaa’, and concluding with a few points of caution by the scholars of Tajweed. Students also memorize the 29th juz’ of the Quran and read a portion of Surat Al-Kahf with the implementation of the rules mentioned above, as well as rules covered in Tajweed 1. (2 credits)
At the end of this course, the students will be able to:
- Identify, explain and implement the different characteristics of letters.
- Identify and practice pronouncing Raa’ as heavy and light.
- List the different kinds of Al-Waqf.
- List the various points of caution by Al-Imam Al-Jazariyy.
- Examine words that are written in the connected vs. disconnected form from each other.
- Identify the different kinds of Taa’. Implement the rules in the recitation of Surat Al-Kahf.
About the Instructor(s)
Doctorate in Management, University of Maryland
M.S in Management, University of Maryland
B.S. in Computer Science, University of Maryland
Quran Recitation Ijazah with Shaikh Mohammad Haqqan, Jeddah, Saudia Arabia